On the 5th April, Andrew Thomas QC and Samantha Riggs attended the Quality First Conference 2017, at the BPP University Law School, London.
The conference was concerned with addressing the following:
- Changing requirements in UK and global markets;
- Ambiguity within the sector’s compliance infrastructure;
- Breaking down barriers to quality improvements;
- How to stamp out the deliberate and illegal trade of sub-standard materials;
- The importance of a collaborative, full supply chain approach.
Andrew Thomas QC, Head of Chambers, chaired the afternoon session which focussed on legal issues relevant to the recycling industry. Samantha Riggs, along with Anna Willetts of Slater and Gordon, presented on sentencing for regulatory offences often associated to recycling and waste management.