Alan Taylor

Call To The Bar: 1986

Over the last 5 years, Alan has increasingly specialised in Professional Disciplinary work, this area now represents roughly 80% of his practise with the other 20% being in Serious Crime & Regulatory work.

Examples of the work he covers in the areas of Professional Discipline/Regulatory:

• Extensive experience of both prosecuting and defending healthcare professionals

• Appearing regularly on behalf of the General Medical Council, before Investigation Committees and Fitness to Practise Panels, conducting Fitness to Practise, Review and Restoration Hearings

• Extensive experience of Interim Orders Panels, currently appearing regularly in High Court on behalf of the General Medical Council seeking interim order extensions

• Representing other non-healthcare professionals in disciplinary hearings

• Inquest (including death in custody)

Criminal

• Wide-ranging experience of prosecuting and defending in complex cases encompassing all areas of crime

• Acting as junior in murders, conspiracies and frauds

• Particular experience of historic rape/sex abuse cases