On the 8th March, 2017, Henry Blackshaw secured a reduced sentence for Joel Murray, the son of the Happy…Read more
Henry BlackshawCall To The Bar: 1993
Henry specialises in criminal advocacy and advisory work with his practice divided equally between Prosecution and Defence. He is a Grade 4 Prosecutor and on the Manchester CPS panel for rape and serious sexual offences.
Henry’s areas of expertise and experience include:
- “Operation Aylesbury” (Leading Junior). Prosecution of a conspiracy where nine defendants were charged with conspiracy to launder the proceeds of a large scale “car chopping” operation. All defendants convicted, five after trial.
- “Operation Nicobar” prosecution of a large Class A drug dealing team in Bury. Prosecution based on extensive police surveillance evidence after surveillance evidence.
- R v Surriya Bi and Asia Bi – Manchester Evening New coverage
- R v Noonan, Perry, and Beaumont. prosecution of gangster’s son for stealing mothers £1m lottery win to bankroll a heroin deal – Manchester Evening News coverage.
- R v A P. Successful defence of a social worker on historic sex abuse allegations – The Sun.
- R v Nazir. Prosecution of the “University Prowler”, a sex offender who was travelling the length of the country targeting female undergraduate accommodation – BBC News coverage.
- R v Osman and others. Prosecuted a “Gang Rape” trial where the 16 year old victim had been groomed and lured to the location – Manchester Evening News coverage.
- R v Braidwood. Prosecution of a man who attacked a woman in her basement flat – Manchester Evening News coverage.
- R v Eddie Piwko. Online grooming where “Attempting to commit a child sexual offence” used to indict behaviour which fell short of a completed offence, where the prosecution could not prove that the defendant had met any of the girls he had been grooming – Manchester Evening News coverage.
- R v John Quigley. Prosecution of a sensitive retrial involving historic sexual allegations – Manchester Evening News coverage.
- R v Raymond Hawthorn. A Pimp set up an escort agency offering young men and teenage boys for sex. 10 years imprisonment – Bolton News coverage.
- “Operation Dolly” (Leading Junior). Prosecution of a complicated, interlinked banking and credit card fraud.
- R v Rymel Downer. Attempted murder by way of drive-by shooting – Manchester Evening News coverage.
- R v Gaefelipour. Murder of ex-partner – Daily Mail coverage.
- R v Fagan series of robberies against female victims along the “Fallowfield Loop”. Detection largely achieved using mobile phone cell siting – Manchester Evening News coverage.
- R v Shahabi Shack, gun shop owner Firearms appeal dismissed establishing a new legal principle.
- “Operation Marco” (R v Mackin and Chevelleau). Successful prosecution of a historic “Hit and Run” concerning the death of a five-year old boy and the cover-up which had helped prevent its earlier detection – Manchester Evening News coverage.
A truck driver, Mariusz Wieczorek, has been charged with arson over a series of attacks in a Salford residential block…Read more
At the GMP annual awards ceremony, held on 14th October, Henry Blackshaw and Sergeant Lee Westhead jointly…Read more
Jones, a lifelong gun enthusiast and expert, who held many firearms and shotguns lawfully on certificates, had also accumulated…Read more